WED, May 9: CUTTING PARTY for
PEASE GREETERS CHRISTMAS STOCKING PROJECT
* 10-Noon • Parish Hall, Jackson Community Church
Mission Committee is holding a Cutting Party to prepare the materials for veterans’ Christmas Stockings after Laurie McAleer’s 9am Tune Up fitness class. Bring sharp scissors and common pins if you have them. Expect to cut out 60 stockings. Once completed (they’re taken home to be assembled by the organizers), these stockings go to the Pease Greeters group and are distributed to incoming and outgoing military personnel at Pease Air Force Base.
- SAT, May 5: Community Event – VALLEY PRIDE DAY Litter Pick Up
* 8:30-10am • Whitney Community Center (other registration sites in different valley communities, see link below)
* 10am-Noon • Pick up litter along local roads; sites to be assigned during registration
* Noon-2pm • Celebrate @ Hampton Inn, No Conway
JCC friends and members can volunteer along with JCC’s team leader Fred Tompkins to help clean local roads by registering (same day registration) at the Whitney Community Center (other communities have different registration locations) to get gloves and bags and cleanup assignments, and then go out to pick up trash until noon. For more information on the entire event, and other locations to register and clean up, see the Conway Sun article.
- SAT • May 12 – Community Event: HABITAT for HUMANITY’s WOMEN BUILD DAY
5 Burgdorf Drive,
Please RSVP for this event to email@example.com, Cheryle O’Neill, MWV Habitat for Humanity Family Support Committee Member and Women Build 2018 Coordinator. No construction skills or knowledge are necessary; just your presence and enthusiasm.
- FRI, May 25: SET UP for Estate Sale , Jackson Community Church
Afternoon/evening. Church and old library. RSVP to Rev Gail if able to help.
- SAT, May 26: PLANT SALE, Outside Jackson Grammar School
* 7:30-9am • Set up tables and plants for sale outside Jackson Grammar School (near library book sale at Whitney Community Center)
* 9am-Noon • Plant Sale. Money earned from the plant sale will go to the emerging Homeless Teen Initiative c/o North Country Cares (also the umbrella organization for the Revolving Closet)
- SAT, May 26: ESTATE SALE, Jackson Community Church
* 7-8am • Set up
* 8am-2pm • Jackson Community Church. The church “estate sale” will take place the same day as the plant sale, outsie of weather permits, indoors if necessary. Donated items (household goods, sports equipment, collectibles, kitchen items, tools) will be sold to benefit the church building and operations. RSVP to Rev Gail if able to help.
The Jackson Community Church has a very active Mission Committee and strongly support many local, regional, national and global programs.
Local programs include
- Jen’s Friends
- MWV Habitat for Humanity
- Angels and Elves
- Northern Human Services
- Children Unlimited
- Local food pantry (Bartlett/Jackson)
- Gibson Center
- Starting Point
- White Mountain Community Health Center
- 68 Hours of Hunger
Regional, National and Global programs include
- American Cancer Society – Race to Beat Cancer
- Horton Center
- Star Island
- One Great Hour of Sharing
- Neighbors in Need
- Christmas Fund
- Haitian Health Foundation
- Zimbabwe – Chikanga Church
- Andover Newton Seminary
- Honduras Hope
- Pease Greeters – Knitted caps for our soldiers click here for the pattern or more information at www.peasegreeters.org
For more information on what the Mission Committee is up to this month please check out the monthly newsletter.
Bushee Thorn – click here for a 2017 application to for assistance in attending a summer camp
Olive Godfrey – click here for a 2017 application for Jackson residence attending higher education