The Neighbor to Neighbor (N2N) program, an initiative of Nativity
Lutheran, seeks to help valley residents make their houses safe, warm,
and dry. If you are able to volunteer on June 12 (starting at 9:00 on
likely continuing for much of the day), we are scheduling a work day in
the northern part of Eaton.
RSVP to Rev Nathan Hall from Nativity Lutheran Church if interested. He will send out further details to those who volunteer.
This particular project will involve 2 parts:
We will be reglazing some windows.
will be attempting to locate and fix a leak in a metal roof. The roof
itself should be good, but it does need to be tacked down. It is also
possible that torn nail holes may need to be plugged and flashing may
need to be amended. This part of the job will be part diagnostic and
We will need some skilled people, but a few novices are also welcome.
Highlights: Tue, 5/22 – women’s group, wisdom study group, Wed, 5/23 – pastor’s hours, fitness, Thurs, 5/24 – yoga, drop-off items for estate sale, Camden’s Crusaders fundraiser @ Red Parka, Fri, 5/25 – drop off donations for estate sale / set up, Sat, 5/26 – plant sale & estate sale & library book sale , Sun, 5/27 – interfaith @ gazebo, worship @ church with Memorial Day moment plus community events
WED, May 9: CUTTING PARTY for
PEASE GREETERS CHRISTMAS STOCKING PROJECT * 10-Noon • Parish Hall, Jackson Community Church
Mission Committee is holding a Cutting Party to prepare the materials for veterans’ Christmas Stockings after Laurie McAleer’s 9am Tune Up fitness class. Bring sharp scissors and common pins if you have them. Expect to cut out 60 stockings. Once completed (they’re taken home to be assembled by the organizers), these stockings go to the Pease Greeters group and are distributed to incoming and outgoing military personnel at Pease Air Force Base.
SAT, May 5: Community Event – VALLEY PRIDE DAY Litter Pick Up * 8:30-10am • Whitney Community Center (other registration sites in different valley communities, see link below)
* 10am-Noon • Pick up litter along local roads; sites to be assigned during registration
* Noon-2pm • Celebrate @ Hampton Inn, No Conway
JCC friends and members can volunteer along with JCC’s team leader Fred Tompkins to help clean local roads by registering (same day registration) at the Whitney Community Center (other communities have different registration locations) to get gloves and bags and cleanup assignments, and then go out to pick up trash until noon. For more information on the entire event, and other locations to register and clean up, see the Conway Sun article.
SAT • May 12 – Community Event: HABITAT for HUMANITY’s WOMEN BUILD DAY 5 Burgdorf Drive,
Madison, NH Please RSVP for this event to email@example.com, Cheryle O’Neill, MWV Habitat for Humanity Family Support Committee Member and Women Build 2018 Coordinator. No construction skills or knowledge are necessary; just your presence and enthusiasm.
SAT, May 26: PLANT SALE, Outside Jackson Grammar School
* 7:30-9am • Set up tables and plants for sale outside Jackson Grammar School (near library book sale at Whitney Community Center)
* 9am-Noon • Plant Sale. Money earned from the plant sale will go to the emerging Homeless Teen Initiative c/o North Country Cares (also the umbrella organization for the Revolving Closet)
SAT, May 26: ESTATE SALE, Jackson Community Church
* 7-8am • Set up
* 8am-2pm • Jackson Community Church. The church “estate sale” will take place the same day as the plant sale, outsie of weather permits, indoors if necessary. Donated items (household goods, sports equipment, collectibles, kitchen items, tools) will be sold to benefit the church building and operations. RSVP to Rev Gail if able to help.