|Hosted at Jackson Community Church|
|The Mountain Top Adult Singers’ Workshop led by Mary Bastoni presents a program of classics and oldies. Suggested donation at the door = $10/p. Proceeds support Mountain Top Music.|
Place & Time: 7pm at Jackson Community Church, Fri, Nov 15.
- INTERFAITH GATHERING
8am • Old Red Library
Come for poetry, prayer and conversation. Guests from Trinity Church in Boston — who will be facilitating conversations to help us enter into race & white privilege conversations at Jackson Community Church later in the morning — will join this gathering.
- BREAKFAST & COURAGEOUS CONVERSATIONS
9am • Jackson Community Church: Join us for light breakfast and small group conversations about the necessity for faith communities to take up conversations around race and white privilege. Guests are Linda Trum, Grace Clark & Janis Pryor.
- WORSHIP with CIRCLE SONGS & VETERANS BLESSING – Taste and See Series: Olives, Peace
10:30am • Jackson Community Church
* Music & Worship Leaders: Heather Pierson & Rev Bernice Martin
* Special Music: Jacob Huggins
* Reflection: Rev Gail Pomeroy Doktor & Rev Bernice Martin
* Veterans Observance during service
* Guests Linda Trum, Grace Clark & Janis Pryor from Trinity Church worship with us
* Novembering continues as we remember those we love & mourn. Bring names, photos or mementoes to add to the Tree of Life in sanctuary.
- SOUP LUNCH & COURAGEOUS CONVERSATIONS
Noon – Jackson Community Church: Second chance of the morning to join us for soup lunch (provided by church) and small group conversations about race and white privilege. Guests Linda Trum, Grace Clark & Janis Pryor. Community members are welcome to attend!
NEIGHBOR to NEIGHBORSat, Nov 2
8:30am • Meet at Lutheran Church of the Nativity, No Conway, NH
9am • Go out to project sites
- Weatherstripping & sealing windows & doors
- Stacking cords of firewood for neighbors
- Winterizing homes
- RSVP by calling Lutheran Church of the Nativity at 603.356.7827 to volunteer your time to help on one of these projects.
- Refer projects to help neighbors in need by calling 603.356.7827.
WAY STATION VOLUNTEER TRAINING
Mon, Nov 4
9am & 5pm Interested in helping homeless population in the valley? Come find out more about supporting the Way Station, either by working with our guests or helping to coordinate calendar of volunteers & other projects. Two options to tour facility, gain some hands-on training. RSVP to Rev Gail if planning to attend 9am, Mon, Nov 4 training or 5pm, Mon, Nov 4 training.
3pm • Sat, Nov 2
Jackson Public Library
- Sign up online!
- JCC has a team! Please let Fred Tompkins know if you’re planning to come as a member of our team(s). We may have to register more than one team!
- Fun, prizes and possible socializing afterward!
to Bartlett & Jackson Neighbors
1-3pm • Sun, Dec 8
- Please RSVP to the church if you’re available to go out and sing to neighbors (although last-minute volunteers are always welcome)
- Song books provided, singing is acapella
- Enthusiastic voices encouraged, no experience necessary
- Open to children & families & adults of all ages
- Dress to walk from cars to doors on muddy or snowy paths
BLACK MOUNTAIN TRAIL CLEANUP
10am – 4pm • Black Mountain
Sat, Sept 28
Volunteers can help re-mount missing trail signs, build a skier/rider diversion near Tower 9 of the Double to steer our customers away from the snowmaking pipes and valves, clean up the glades to the right of the famous Mr. Rew trail. RSVP to Dave Aibel.
SENIOR DAY at FRYEBURG FAIR
Tue, Oct 1(mid-morning-late afternoon)
Meet at Mineral Springs – Travel to Fryeburg Fair
Accompany Local Seniors RSVP to Meg Phillips to participate. Expect to walk the grounds and push wheelchairs around the fair. Bring funds for your ticket and lunch. We will meet at nursing home and ride over to the fair with the Mineral Springs residents.
Church & Community Event: JEN’S FRIENDS HILL CLIMB
8-9:30am – Register / 10am – Hike Mt Cranmore /10:45-Noon – Entertainment at top of mtn / Noon – 1:30pm – Lunch, entertainment at base of mtn. Walk-in or Register Online. Pam & Fred Tompkins will be climbing for JCC; join the ad-hoc church team to climb together!
Church & Community Event: ALZHEIMER’S WALK
8 am – Register/Checkin / 9am – Ceremony / 9:30am – Walk begins
• York Beach Ball Field, Railroad Avenue, York Beach, ME
Register to walk or support JCC’s Eagle’s Rest team