Note: PASTORAL CARE will be available from Gerry Tilton this week during Rev Gail Pomeroy Doktor’s absence due to a family medical emergency. Gerry Tilton can be reached by email (email@example.com) or by phone 603.236.6657. She lives in nearby Bartlett and serves on the pastoral staff of First Congregational Church in North Conway, NH.
WED, Jan 16
- TUNE UP FITNESS with Laurie McAleer
9:30am • Parish House.Fitness class. Free; open to public. Weather dependent; if schools close, the class will be cancelled.
- DE-GREENING of CHURCH
10:30am-Noon • Church Sanctuary
Christmas decorations will be taken down. This may take more than one day to accomplish, but volunteers would be welcome to come help.
THURS, Jan 17
- FLOW & ALIGN YOGA with Anjali Rose
9am • First Floor, Parish House / Jackson Community Church. Beginning stretch, flow and align yoga; safe for new practitioners.
- Community Event: STORY TIME
10:30am • Jackson Public Library
6:30pm • Second Floor, Church.
FRI, Jan 18
- Private Event: AVALANCHE CLASS
All Day • Second Floor, Jackson Community Church
Private class providing instruction to outdoor athletes and emergency responder for avalanche preparedness and response.
- Community Event: BEFORE THERE WERE MIRRORS Concert
7:30pm • St Andrews-in-the-Valley Episcopal Church, Tamworth, NH
A musical evening of story and song with Ellen Schwindt, Jed Wilson and Mary Edes. Suggested donation at the door: $10 and a hand-held mirror (some will be available at the door).
SAT, Jan 19
- Community Event: WEATHERIZING MT WASHINGTON VALLEY
9:30am • Tin Mountain Conservation Center
- Check your eligibility for matching funds from your utility company (up to $4,000!) at NHSaves.com
- Sign up for a $100 audit with one of 3 contractors by March 15th
- sign up for an audit at the event OR
- Use the contact information provided on Tin Mountain’s website to sign up after the kick-off event
- Decide on any necessary work with the auditor. Sign up by May 31st for a chance to win a great raffle prize!
- Martin Luther King Day of Service: PAINTING the WAY STATION!
9am – 4pm • Admin Building of Nativity Lutheran Church
Meet and work at the Jackson Community Church will have a team of volunteers helping with this project: wear your paint clothes and help brighten up the kitchen and lounge areas in the first floor of the administrative building on the Nativity Lutheran Church, which will be home to the Way Station. Paint supplies will be provided; bring your energy and enthusiasm! Once open, this day resource center will meet basic needs for homeless teens, families and adults in the Mt Washington Valley: laundry, showers, internet access, post office box, social and emotional support, connection to nearby social services.
- Martin Luther King Weekend Activity: PEOPLE’S MARCH
Theme: Improve Our World!
1-3pm • Gathering starts at covered bridge. Walk to Jackson Grammar School.
SUN, Jan 20
- INTERFAITH GATHERING @ OLD LIBRARY
8am • Old Library. Hot beverages available. Come for poetry, literature, conversation and prayer.
- CHOIR PRACTICE
As long as weather permits Ellen Schwindt’s travel, choir practice will take place.
10:30am • Jackson Community Church.
- Message: Gerry Tilton
- Accompanist: Alan Labrie
- Choir director: Ellen Schwindt
- Martin Luther King Weekend
COMMUNITY CELEBRATION 7-9 pm • Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Eastern Slopes, Tamworth, NH Our featured speaker, Dr. Donna San Antonio, will address the topic “Becoming a White Ally: Stories of Mentoring Toward Social Justice” using personal reflection as a springboard for considering the inter-sectionality of race, ethnicity, gender, and social class. Also included in the program will be music by Peg Loughran, Shana Aisenberg and others. Storyteller (and World Fellowship Co-Director) Andy Davis will offer a story. A guilt-free potluck will follow. Note: This program is sponsored by the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of the Eastern Slopes and The World Fellowship Center. For more information, please call Andy Davis at (603)452-4446. More information.