- Wed – fitness
- Thurs – yoga & dine-to-donate at Shannon Door
- Fri – JGS Pavilion pegging,
- Sat – open house at Horton Center,
- Sun – children & youth worship service
- Community Event:
SPRING EPHEMERAL WILDFLOWER WALK
2:45 – 5pm, Meet at Diana’s Bath Parking Lot, car pool to Humphrey’s Ledge.
Tin Mountain Conservation Center director (and church friend) Lori Kinsey leads this wildflower walk in search of Spring Beauties, Trilliums, Trout Lilies and more. This is a moderately strenuous hike, the terrain on Humphrey’s Ledge is steep, hilly, and rocky: sturdy boots are highly recommended. To be notified about this walk and others like it, contact Donna Dolan at Tin Mountain Conservation Center.
WED, May 9
- PASTOR’S DROP-IN HOURS
7-9am • J-Town Deli
- TUNE UP Fitness with Laurie McAleer
9am • Parish Hall, Jackson Community Church
Free. Men and women join fitness trainer Laurie McAleer for a gentle, introductory fitness class for beginners. Wear comfortable clothing, sensible shoes, and bring a bottle of water. Also bring a ski pole and a small ball and hand weights. Men and women both welcome to come try this class. Laurie will lead a fitness class that can be customized to each person’s abilities, and help improve overall wellbeing, as well as focusing on body areas. that may need additional support and care.
- CUTTING PARTY for VETERANS CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS
10am – Noon • Fellowship Hall immediately after fitness class. Mission Committee is hosting: prepare the materials for veterans’ Christmas Stockings. People should bring sharp scissors and common pins if they have them. We expect to cut out the 60 stockings that morning, so the more the merrier. Once completed, these stockings go to the Pease Greeters group and are distributed incoming and outgoing military personnel at Pease Air Force Base.
- INTRODUCTORY YOGA with Anjali Rose
9am • Parish Hall, Jackson Community Church. Join instructor Anjali Rose for a gentle, introductory yoga class. Wear stretchy fitness clothing, bring a matt and a cushion/blanket if you have them. $10/class for 6 weeks. Scholarships available.
- YOGA & MEDITATION with Charlotte Doucette
3:30pm • Parish Hall. $10/pp fee. (Scholarships available)
6-7pm • Church Library
SAT, May 12
- MEN’S GROUP
7:30 • Wentworth Inn
Come for breakfast and conversation with other men from the community.
- Community Event: WOMEN BUILD with HABITAT for HUMANITY
5 Burgdorf Drive, Madison, NH
Please RSVP for this event to firstname.lastname@example.org, Cheryle O’Neill, MWV Habitat for Humanity Family Support Committee Member and Women Build 2018 Coordinator. No construction skills or knowledge are necessary; just your presence and enthusiasm. Our church has a team of volunteers going to work on this project.
SUN, May 13: MOTHER’S DAY
- INTERFAITH GATHERING
8am • Gazebo. Bring your hot beverages. Dress warmly. Gather for readings and spiritual conversation.
- CHOIR REHEARSAL
9am • Jackson Community Church.
Drop-in choir. Join us to practice and sing during the service.
- WORSHIP SERVICE
10:30am • Jackson Community Church.
Sermon: ‘First Sanctuary’
Guest leadership: Accompanist & choir director Alan Labrie
Note: Office administrator Joanne Turner is on vacation this week.
WED, May 9: CUTTING PARTY for
PEASE GREETERS CHRISTMAS STOCKING PROJECT
* 10-Noon • Parish Hall, Jackson Community Church
Mission Committee is holding a Cutting Party to prepare the materials for veterans’ Christmas Stockings after Laurie McAleer’s 9am Tune Up fitness class. Bring sharp scissors and common pins if you have them. Expect to cut out 60 stockings. Once completed (they’re taken home to be assembled by the organizers), these stockings go to the Pease Greeters group and are distributed to incoming and outgoing military personnel at Pease Air Force Base.
- SAT, May 5: Community Event – VALLEY PRIDE DAY Litter Pick Up
* 8:30-10am • Whitney Community Center (other registration sites in different valley communities, see link below)
* 10am-Noon • Pick up litter along local roads; sites to be assigned during registration
* Noon-2pm • Celebrate @ Hampton Inn, No Conway
JCC friends and members can volunteer along with JCC’s team leader Fred Tompkins to help clean local roads by registering (same day registration) at the Whitney Community Center (other communities have different registration locations) to get gloves and bags and cleanup assignments, and then go out to pick up trash until noon. For more information on the entire event, and other locations to register and clean up, see the Conway Sun article.
- SAT • May 12 – Community Event: HABITAT for HUMANITY’s WOMEN BUILD DAY
5 Burgdorf Drive,
Please RSVP for this event to email@example.com, Cheryle O’Neill, MWV Habitat for Humanity Family Support Committee Member and Women Build 2018 Coordinator. No construction skills or knowledge are necessary; just your presence and enthusiasm.
- FRI, May 25: SET UP for Estate Sale , Jackson Community Church
Afternoon/evening. Church and old library. RSVP to Rev Gail if able to help.
- SAT, May 26: PLANT SALE, Outside Jackson Grammar School
* 7:30-9am • Set up tables and plants for sale outside Jackson Grammar School (near library book sale at Whitney Community Center)
* 9am-Noon • Plant Sale. Money earned from the plant sale will go to the emerging Homeless Teen Initiative c/o North Country Cares (also the umbrella organization for the Revolving Closet)
- SAT, May 26: ESTATE SALE, Jackson Community Church
* 7-8am • Set up
* 8am-2pm • Jackson Community Church. The church “estate sale” will take place the same day as the plant sale, outsie of weather permits, indoors if necessary. Donated items (household goods, sports equipment, collectibles, kitchen items, tools) will be sold to benefit the church building and operations. RSVP to Rev Gail if able to help.