Highlights: community events include Wed’s Feast of the Valley and Fri’s Stage Adventure with the grammar school. Church events include Wednesday’s Tune Up fitness with Laurie McAleer and two Thursday yoga classes. Youth environmental summit takes place Saturday. Sunday resumes 8am outdoor ‘gazebo’ interfaith gathering and 9am family activity based on walking the Road to Emmaus.
TUE, April 3
- EDUCATION TEAM
7:30am • Jackson Community Church
Planning spring session of children & youth programming.
- Community Event:
YOGA with Anjali Rose
9:30am • Old Library
Ongoing class with yoga instructor Anjali Rose. $10/pp for 6-week session.
WED, April 4
- PASTOR’s DROP-IN
7-9am • JTown Deli.
Come for caffeine, cuisine, and conversation.
- TUNE UP (Fitness) with LAURIE McALEER
9am • Parish Hall, Jackson Community Church
Free. Men and women join fitness trainer Laurie McAleer for a gentle, introductory fitness class for beginners. Wear comfortable clothing, sensible shoes, and bring a bottle of water. Also bring a ski pole and a small ball and hand weights. Men and women both welcome to come try this class. Laurie will lead a fitness class that can be customized to each person’s abilities, and help improve overall wellbeing, as well as focusing on body areas that may need additional support and care.
- Community Event:
5-8pm • FEAST of the VALLEY @ Kennett High School in cafeteria. Link for more info. Meal put on by the culinary arts program and assisted by student volunteers from KHS Key Club. $19/pp.
- MLK REMEMBRANCE
6pm • Jackson Community Church.
Help ring the bell 39 times in memory of Martin Luther King Jr 50 years after his death. This is a national vigil; learn more: www.MLK50Forward.org.
THURS, April 5
- INTRODUCTORY YOGA
with Anjali Rose
9am • Parish Hall, Jackson Community Church. Join instructor Anjali Rose for a gentle, introductory yoga class. Wear stretchy fitness clothing, bring a matt and a cushion/blanket if you have them. $10/class for 6 weeks. Scholarships available. This session runs through April 19.
- YOGA & MEDITATION
with Charlotte Doucette
3:30pm • Parish Hall. $10/pp fee. (Scholarships available)
6-7pm • Church Library
FRI, April 6
- Community Event:
CHILDREN’s STAGE ADVENTURE
6pm • Whitney Community Center
Jackson Grammar School will put on a play.
SAT, April 7
- NEW ENGLAND YOUTH ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE SUMMIT
9am-4pm • Brookside Congregational Church, Manchester, NH
* To learn more: download the brochure
* Register: registration website.
Jackson Community Church will cover the cost of registration and attendance. $20/day. RSVP to the church asap if you plan to attend, so that we can register you. Rev Gail will attend summit and provide rides.
* The Summit is open to all middle school, high school and college students; as well as teachers, mentors, pastors, lay leaders and advisors: and anyone interested in acquiring tools for facing the pressing moral issue of climate change.
* Keynote Speakers: Rev. Dr. Jim Antal, Massachusetts Conference Minister, UCC; Rev. Dr. Brooks Berndt, UCC Minister for Environmental Justice; Afternoon Breakout Sessions include: Pam Arifian, Director, UCC Northeast Environmental Justice Center; Marla Marcum, Founder, Climate Disobedience Center; John Ungerleider, Professor, School of International Training; Jehann El-Bisi, PhD and Film Director, and Art Desmarais; Representatives from 350.org and other groups will lead a workshop on activism in climate change issues.
SUN, April 8
- INTERFAITH GATHERING
8am • Gazebo. We will have hot water to make tea & hot chocolate or bring your hot beverage. Gather for blessing, readings, and spiritual conversation.
- YOUTH & FAMILY
9am • Jackson Community Church.
Meet at church for breakfast & ‘Road to Emmaus’ outing.
- WORSHIP SERVICE
10:30am • Jackson Community Church.
Theme: Holy Humor / Bright Sunday (first Sunday after Easter). Guest music leadership: Pianist Minnie Brown and choir director Jen Ouellette.