(weather permitting). Tamarack Construction completing this work.MON, Nov 26
- Community Project: VAUGHAN CENTER COUNCIL
Meets for executive decisions, administration. Reviews request by Way Station team to operate day resource center for homeless population of MWV under its 501c3 as an incubator program.
- CLERGY LUNCH
12:30pm • Members of Clergy of the Eastern Slope gather.
- Community Event (this may change due to weather):KNITTING @ LIBRARY
Noon – 3pm. • Jackson Public Library. Bring your projects and join other knitters.
WED, Nov 28
- PASTOR’s DROP-IN HOURS
7-8:30am • Glen Ledge Corner Store & Gas Station. Come by for hot beverage and conversation. Or make a date to go for a walk by calling/texting Rev Gail 978.273.0308 or emailing Rev Gail (email@example.com)
- TUNE UP FITNESS with Laurie McAleer
9am • Parish House, Jackson Community Church.
- PASTOR’s OFFICE HOURS
9-10:30am • Jackson Community Church.
Come by the church to find Rev Gail on site, or make a date to go for a walk by calling/texting Rev Gail 978.273.0308 or emailing Rev Gail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- WOMEN’S HOLIDAY LUNCHEON
11am • Linda Hastings’ home. Friends and members welcome; potluck contributions needed. RSVP to Linda Hastings if you plan to attend.
- PEACE CONCERT PLANNING SESSION
2pm • Jackson Community Church
Meeting with Dennis & Davey to plan content of Dec 9th Peace & Pizza concert.
- CHRISTMAS DECORATION INVENTORY
3pm • Jackson Community Church. Bringing out and sorting decorations in preparation for Hanging of the Holiday Greens on Thursday.
THURS, Nov 29
- INTRODUCTORY YOGA with Anjali Rose
9am • Parish House, Jackson Community Church Introductory yoga.
- HANGING of the GREENS
10-12:30pm • Jackson Community Church
Decorating sanctuary and exterior of the church for Advent & Christmas season. All volunteers welcome and wanted!
6:30pm • Second Floor, Church
- Community Event: DOCUMENTARY – SAVING SNOW
7-8pm • Nature Learning Center, Tin Mountain Conservation Center. From the struggle against fading winters, unexpected heroes emerge. Saving Snow documents how ski towns are coping with warmer winters.
FRI, Nov 30
- Community Project:
AGE-FRIENDLY STEERING COMMITTEE for GIBSON CENTER (AARP/WHO)
3:30pm • Gibson Center. Healthcare subcommittee re-convenes. Rev Gail & Emily Benson participate.
SAT, Dec 1
- Private Consultation: PLANNING a CELEBRATION of LIFE
8am • Jackson Community Church
Rev Gail holds meeting with family to plan memorial.
- Community Event: MINI BOOK SALE
11am • Old Red Library
SUN, Dec 2: Advent 1 – Hope
- INTERFAITH GATHERING @ OLD LIBRARY
8am • Old Library. Hot beverages available. Come for poetry, literature, conversation and prayer.
- CHOIR REHEARSAL
9am • Sanctuary. Choir rehearsal with Mary Edes.
- YOUTH & CHILDREN
9am • Church. Advent games, activities & lessons.
10:30am • Jackson Community Church.
- Advent wreath-lighting by family.
- Story: Trees & Branches by Rev Gail
- Accompanist: Alan Labrie
- Choir director: Mary Edes
11:30am • Jackson Community Church.
Missions offers gift cards for supported programs.
SAVE THESE DATES
12:30-2:30pm + • Start @ Church
Join us to go caroling in Bartlett and Jackson among individuals and families who are housebound or otherwise in need of a home visit. We will drive or carpool on 2 separate routes; carolers will split into 2 teams.
- Let Kit Griffin know if you’re planning to come along!
- Also, please alert Kit Griffin to any neighbors (with contact info and address) who might enjoy such a visit by some seasonal carolers!
Sun, Dec 16
9 am / 10:30am • Church
- 9am: Families arrive at 9am to get into costume and review roles/lines. Also practice intergenerational song with adult choir led by Mary Littlefield.
- 10:30am: Worship with pageant begins.
4pm • Jackson Community Church
with Four Feet & Two Shoes (aka Dennis & Davey).
Old Red Library
- Musical performance of “Christmas in the Trenches” by Dexter Harding.
- Poetry selections offered by Tony Deluca
- Other contributions to this topic through poetry, literature and art.