- Wed – fitness
- Thurs – yoga & dine-to-donate at Shannon Door
- Fri – JGS Pavilion pegging,
- Sat – open house at Horton Center,
- Sun – children & youth worship service
TUE, June 5
- WISDOM STUDY GROUP (cancelled)
4pm • Jackson Community Church
Reading and conversation on WISDOM with texts from Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom by John O’Donohue, Becoming Wise by Krista Tippett, Wisdom Jesus by Cynthia Bourgeault. Group meets June 5: please RSVP to Rev Gail by 11am if planning to attend., otherwise this meeting may be cancelled due to pastoral care emergency.
- Community Event: Jackson Grammar School MUSIC RECITAL
5:30pm • Whitney Community Center
- Community Notice: VOTER REGISTRATION or CHANGE
7-7:30pm • Jackson Town Office;
The Supervisors of the checklist will be in session to accept your voter registration or change, or you can fill out the paperwork with the town clerk and the supervisors will enter the information on June 5.
WED, June 6
- PASTOR’S DROP-IN HOURS
7-9am • J-Town Deli
- TUNE UP Fitness with Laurie McAleer
9am • Parish Hall, Jackson Community Church
Free. Men and women join fitness trainer Laurie McAleer for a gentle, introductory fitness class for beginners. Wear comfortable clothing, sensible shoes, and bring a bottle of water. Also bring a ski pole and a small ball and hand weights. Men and women both welcome to come try this class. Laurie will lead a fitness class that can be customized to each person’s abilities, and help improve overall wellbeing.
THURS, June 7
- INTRODUCTORY YOGA with Anjali Rose
9am • Parish Hall, Jackson Community Church. Join instructor Anjali Rose for a gentle, introductory yoga class. Wear stretchy fitness clothing, bring a matt and a cushion/blanket if you have them. $10/class for 6 weeks. Scholarships available.
6:30pm • Second Floor, Church Council Room
- Community Event: DINE to DONATE for Brooklyn Flagg
5:30-9pm @ Shannon Door: ‘Fight Like a Girl’ to help this 6yo girl and her family during her journey through childhood cancer. To make a direct donation to support the family, you may also visit their fundraising page.
FRI, June 8
- Community Event: Jackson Grammar School PAVILION PROJECT – PEGGING the FRAME. Work on the pavilion’s posts and beams continues and is nearly complete. We will be pegging the frame together. If you would like to join us, please call Susan Ross-Parent 603.383.6861 at the school and we will give you a schedule of times to come.
SAT, June 9
- UCC Event: HORTON CENTER OPEN HOUSE
Free. All day • Horton Center. Join us for worship at Chapel Rock at 11am, followed by cookout, tours, and games. More info: hortoncenter.org.
SUN, June 10
- INTERFAITH GATHERING
8am • Gazebo. Bring your hot beverages. Dress warmly. Gather for readings and spiritual conversation.
- CHOIR REHEARSAL
9am • Jackson Community Church.
Drop-in choir. Join us to practice and sing during the service.
- INTER-GENERATIONAL CHOIR
10am • Jackson Community Church. Children and youth rehearse with adult choir members in preparation for worship service.
- WORSHIP SERVICE:
Children & Youth Sunday
10:30am • Jackson Community Church.
Story: Daniel Weeder
Worship leadership: Children & youth
Accompanist & choir director: Alan Labrie