Spring youth and family schedule: Friday fun nights, service opportunities, Sunday morning activities and lessons, Sunday afternoon hikes, end-of-year Youth & Children Sunday plus summer camps for families and work camps/advocacy trips/retreats for high school youth.
- Sun, April 8 – 9am • Road to Emmaus activity & walk: Meet at church and wear outdoor clothing for a spring walk. Focus on people who met God on their walk and didn’t recognize their companion. How do we see and meet God in our world? Walk includes lessons on shared meals, communion, and breaking bread together. Also it’s Holy Humor Sunday … bring a joke to tell!
- Sun, April 15 – 9am • Planting Activity with Lisa White at JCC. Preparation for Mother’s Day and anticipation of Earth Day. Meet at JCC for this activity.
- Sun, April 22 — 10:30am • Worship
service includes presentation by Lauren Orsini from Starting Point about being aware of domestic violence and ongoing initiatives for safety for local children and families
- Sun, April 22 — 1pm • Afternoon Earth Day Hike – Intergenerational outdoor hike to be led by church youth. Bring proper equipment; route to be announced. Allow 2-3 hours for this activity.
- Fri, April 27 — 5:30-7:30pm • Friday Fun Night
Spring Fling with Pizza & Games at JCC.
- Sat, April 28 — 9am-Noon • Spring Cleaning at JCC
Come prepared to work inside or outside. We’re organizing closets, cleaning windows and hard-to-reach areas, touching up spots inside and outside the church, changing light bulbs, and sprucing up the church grounds. Wear old clothes, sensible shoes, and bring work gloves. We’ll add more info about any tools or equipment you should bring from home, such as buckets or rakes or brooms.
- Sun, April 29 – 10:30am • Worship includes traditional Sunday School. Parents may attend worship and children will have interactive lesson during portion of service.
- Sun, May 6 – 9am • Family activity.
- Sun, May 6 – 10:30am • Worship led by Rev Bill Briggs, speaking about his mission with Honduras Hope.
- Sun, May 13 – 9am • Mother’s Day Activity.
- Fri, May 18 — 5:30-7:30pm • Friday Fun Night:
Pizza & Games at JCC.
- Sun, May 20, 1pm • Afternoon Spring Hike. Intergenerational outdoor hike to be led by church youth. Bring proper equipment, route to be announced. Allow 2-3 hours for this activity.
- Fri, May 25 evening.
Setup for plant sale and estate (yard) sale, which are church fundraisers. Volunteers can help set up tables and move plants and household goods to the tables. If available, RSVP to Rev Gail for further details about this project.
- Sat, May 26 — 8am – 2pm • Estate Sale
Setup on Friday, May 25.
Youth volunteers can help in 1-2 hour shifts. Proceeds support church operations and programs.
- Sat, May 26 — 9-Noon • Plant Sale
Setup on Friday, May 25.
Sale outside Jackson Grammar School. Plant sales help support church missions for local nonprofits. Youth volunteers can help in 1-2 hour shifts.
- Sun, May 27 – 10:30am • Worship includes traditional Sunday School. Parents may attend worship and children will have interactive lesson during portion of service.
- Sun, June 10 – 10:30am • Children & Youth Sunday.
- Fri, June 22 — 5:30-7:30pm • Friday Fun Night:
Pizza & Games at JCC.
SPRING & SUMMER
High School & Young Adult Opportunities
FRI, APR 20-MON, APR 23:
Ecumenical Advocacy Days (Ages 18 and older)
- 1pm, Fri – 5pm, Mon • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington, D.C.-Crystal City, 300 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, VA. Lobbying on capitol hill. For young adults 18 and older.
* Additional SCHOLARSHIP info and event details on church website. Bushee Thorne scholarship may apply.
Providence, RI / Irons Homestead High School Mission Trip
with Ipswich, MA High School Youth Group (Note: Participants may attend part of this trip, if they cannot travel for all of it due to schedule conflicts.)
- Registration deadline has been *extended* past April 1.
- Flier and form here.
- RSVP to Rev Gail for further details about this project ASAP if interested.
- Students are traveling in 2 rotations, since some have snow days that keep them in school through beginning of that week, and others have conflicting commitments.
- Come for part of the week if possible! Rev Gail will go on this trip if Jackson youth choose to attend.
- From the flyer: Urban work camp, come work and play together at UCC’s Irons Homestead, just outside of Providence, RI. We will volunteer in a food pantry and a shelter sorting clothing, organizing food, preparing meals and offering child care for homeless children and we will support international refugees and ESL learners.
- Registration deadline has been extended. Flier and form here
AUGUST 1-7, 2018:
TEEN IMMERSION INTERFAITH YOUTH INITIATIVE
2018 IFYI Summer Fellowship
Brandeis University, 415 South St, Waltham, MA 02453
A tuition-free program of the Cooperative Metropolitan Ministries, the IFYI Fellowship is an all-expense paid interfaith immersion experience for young leaders (ages 15-19) providing an opportunity to meaningfully engage together with important global and local issues through the lens of their different religious, ethnic, cultural, economic, social and political backgrounds.
- More Info
- Application Deadline: May 1
FAMILY & YOUTH SUMMER CAMPS
Flexi-Week: Come for the day or for a period of days.
- Rev Gail & Chris Doktor will be deans of this family camp week.
- Our youth or families can come for one day or an overnight! Youth group or family options available.
- Registration available here:
- Scholarships such as Bushee-Thorne (application available on church website) can be applied to this camp.
- Additional camp weeks are also available with focus on different skills such as archery, rock clibing, etc. Full schedule available here.
JULY 19-22, 2018
EASTERN REGIONAL YOUTH EVENT (ERYE)
California University of PA, California, Pennsylvania (grades 7 through 12 Worship, play, pray, learn, serve, sing and dream at the 2018 Eastern Regional Youth Event.
- Event details through the event website or contact Ann Desrochers.
- Scholarships from Bushee-Thorne can be applied to this experience.
Save the Date
Walk to End Alzheimers in Portland, ME
(this will also be an overnight youth trip)