Reminder about the church’s charitable partners.
which our faith community supports through giving or volunteering:
- Heifer International cards are available inside the church’s front entrance. You may take a card and make a donation (cash or check). Drop it in the wonderful church model made by Sandy Louis’ dad, which we’re using to collect these funds. Learn moreabout Heifer International.
- Zimbabwe cards are available in the front of the church. These support partner faith communities and communal projects through the NH-Zimbabwe Ukama Partnership, including sister churches like JCC’s partner: Chikanga Church, City of Mutare, Zimbabwe. You can leave donations in the model church inside the front doors, or make an online donation: https://jacksoncommunitychurch.org/. Representatives from regions — including our churches — have traveled back and forth to establish strong ties between the partner faith communities.
- Honduras Hope is a NH-based partnership with communities in Honduras. Church member Meg Phillips has traveled there several times to provide direct volunteer service in the communities and can answer your questions! Link to site for giving: https://www.hondurashope.org/donate
the church supports financially and/or through volunteering. We respond to many local partners, so may not have included all such missions and initiatives here.
If you’re interested in learning more about our Missions team, contact the church: email@example.com
Health and wellbeing of our community from many angles:
- Way Station serves the homeless and housing-insecure residents of Mt Washington Valley. Learn more and/or donate: https://www.waystationnh.org/. Link to donate: https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=XBLS8D57RPDSS.
- Starting Point provides support and safety for individuals and families experiencing domestic violence. Learn more and/or donate: https://www.startingpointnh.org/
- End 68 Hours of Hunger (Conway branch) sends hundreds of backpacks filled with food home every weekend in the SAU9 school district for food-insecure students. Learn more and/or donate: https://www.end68hoursofhunger.org/find-your-community/new-hampshire/conway/
- MWV Habitat for Humanity builds homes for local families. Learn more or donate: https://mwv-habitat.org/
- White Horse Addiction Center works in North Conway and Ossippee. Learn more and/or donate: https://whitehorserecovery.org/
- Mt Washington Valley Supports Recovery works in North Conway and Mt Washington Valley to support recover. Learn more and/or donate: https://www.mwvsupportsrecovery.org/
- White Mountain Community Health provides sliding scale of medical services for the valley so that all people may access medical and dental care. Learn more and/or donate: https://www.whitemountainhealth.org/
- Gibson Center provides essential services to the valley’s senior population, including Meals on Wheels, adult ed classes, health and wellbeing support and many other services. Hint: they have a thrift shop with excellent bargains! Link to learn more and/or donate: https://www.gibsoncenter.org/
- North Health & Human Services provides essential, affordable mental health care and counseling to clients in the Mt Washington Valley and other regions of NH. Learn more and/or donate: https://nhfv.org/resources/northern-human-services/
- Jen’s Friends provides support for local cancer families. Learn more and/or donate: https://jensfriends.org/wordpress/
- North Country Cares supports projects such as the Revolving Closet which is a free clothing boutique for preteens and teens. Learn more and/or donate: https://www.northcountrycaresnh.org/
- Conway Humane Society provides rescue, fostering and adoption for pets in Mt Washington Valley. Lean more and/or donate: https://www.conwayshelter.org/
Education and Environment:
- Mountaintop Music provides music education and performances throughout the valley. Learn more and/or donate (or join): http://www.mountaintopmusic.org/
- Jackson XC Ski Touring Foundation: This foundation maintains trails for XC skiing in Jackson, offers classes, provides affordable youth education and access for snow shoeing and XC skiing, and works with local nonprofits and landowners on conservation initiatives. Learn more and/or donate (or join): https://www.jacksonxc.org/
- Tin Mountain Conservation Center is a local partner in environmental education and preservation. They have sites in Jackson and Albany, offer programs regionally and in our classes and community centers, as well as on their own sites. Learn more and/or donate (or join): https://www.tinmountain.org/
- Upper Saco Valley Land Trust is quietly preserving land throughout the region, including many local sites. Learn more and/or make a donation (or join): https://www.usvlt.org/
- Appalachian Mountain Club is integral to the culture and conservation of the White Mountains. Learn more: https://www.outdoors.org/
- Believe in Books works on literacy and performing arts in the valley and conserves land along the Saco: http://www.believeinbooks.org/